文学硕士 in 创造性的领导
MCAD’s 文学硕士 in 创造性的领导 is an accelerated fifteen-month, online program—bracketed by two week-long residencies in Minneapolis—for individuals who seek the knowledge and skills to navigate changes in their careers, 组织, 和社区. With a focus on forward-looking 组织al practices, the program cultivates empathic and adaptive leaders who ask bold questions, 承担有教育意义的风险, 勇敢行动, 接受不同的想法, and collaborate with others around a shared purpose. Whether your background is in non-profits, cultural 组织, 公司, 初创企业, 政府部门, 或其他领域, you will learn how to lead more effectively within a dynamic, 复杂的世界. The low-residency format provides maximum flexibility and accessibility while emphasizing the importance of building a strong network of peers in each cohort.
As a master's student in 创造性的领导, you will:
- Master the management practices and principles of decentralized, 集体, and adaptive 组织 and teams.
- Learn the skills of conscious communication and conflict resolution, following standards for cultural sensitivity in interpersonal interactions.
- 学会思考, 沟通, and act in an imaginative way, characterized by a high degree of risk taking, 合成, and divergent thinking.
- Collaborate with a cohort of diverse changemakers to use systems thinking to analyze complex challenges and design thinking to ideate, 原型, and test solutions that are socially just and environmentally sustainable.
- Strengthen your storytelling abilities as well as your capacity to connect authentically with others and inspire them to action.
- Engage with exemplars of creative leadership from across the world and a range of industries, gaining insights into their practices and thinking.
- Advance your personal goals through a process of identifying the changes you want to make in your career, 组织, 或社区, reflecting on your growth through the program, and developing your distinctive leadership philosophy and style.
Tell me more about 创造性的领导
This 30-credit 文学硕士 program emphasizes project work, 参与讨论, and collaboration with fellow students. Required classes include:
- Theory and Practice of 创造性的领导
- The Culturally Competent Leader and the Inclusive Workplace
- Design Thinking and Approaches to Address Complex Social Challenges
- Managing Remote and Non-hierarchical Networks, Organizations, and Teams
- Leading for Environmental Sustainability
There are many paths to explore with a Master's in 创造性的领导. Potential careers include:
- Environmental Protection Agency Deputy Director
- Non-profit Executive Director
- Community-Based Organization (Co)-Leader
- Organizational Change Facilitator or Manager
- Cultural or Social Entrepreneur
- Association or Network Organize